Wednesday 9 April 2014

Introduction to the Blog

Hi, I am Francesca Shepherd.

I am a second year student, studying Media Production at Northumbria University. 
This blog I have created is apart of a module called Critical Research which is within my degree.

I have based the my research on 1910 to 1920 History however to give it a Media spin I have decided to use the knowledge to understand how production teams create an authentic and realistic feel to their period drama's from the clothes and living areas to the story lines that have all been created to be exactly like how it would of been in the past (this mainly ended up being about social class and segregation).

To show evidence of this and help my research be pushed further, I decided to use the film 'Titanic' (1997) and the new TV series 'Downton Abbey'.

Hopefully through the pages, you will see a progression of knowledge through to my final post. 

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment